- Oh boy. Sengoku is a great legend, useful as captain and sub, but he does require special management (as the captain, that is). He basically means many underpowered units become top tier in his teams, and vice versa. Which means that Sengoku teams are running pretty different subs from all other teams, so particularly if you are a new player, you will have a major headache figuring out strategy. Fortunately, there are guides for Sengoku teams for many battles. Anyway, I will list some best Sengoku subs below.
- General strategy for Sengoku is - rush and crush. You can stall a bit, but generally you want to reach the boss and burst him ASAP.
- Popualar Sengoku subs, grouped by type (color), but keep in mind you can mix and match:
- PSY: Usopp Usopp Golden Pound (time delay), Petty Officer Coby (1.5x orb boost for 2 turns), Momonga Marine Vice Admiral (1.75x Cerebral boost), Ship Cutter T-Bone Marine Captain (damage reduction), Kami Eneru (1.5x PSY atk boost, fixed damage). You can also use either Garp the Fist+Mr. 2 Bon Clay Bombardier Arabesque or Gild. Tesoro Gold Ship Casino King to get full orbs, even through one of them is going to be underpowered.
- INT: Breed Pet-Pet Fruit User (higher orb chance, 1.75x self-ATK boost for 1 turn), Mont Blanc Noland Lvneel Kingdom Explorer (1.5x orb boost for 2 turns), Nami Voyage Dream: World Map (fixed damage on 1 enemy, 1.5x orb boost for 1 turn), Mr. 3 Extra Special Candelabra (time delay), Nico Robin (2x INT boost), Don Krieg Poison Gas Bomb MH5 (poison)
- STR: Arlong the Pirate (beatstick), Iron-Mace Alvida Smooth-Smooth Fruit (damage reduction), Calgara (beatstick), Dalmatian Marine Vice Admiral (extra damage when combo'd with time delay), Franky Frankenstein (orb swaps), Monkey D. Luffy Gear 2 (beatstick)
- DEX: Bellamy the Hyena (1.5x orb boost for 1 turn), Carina Gold Ship Songstress (1.5x orb boost for 1 turn + RCV boost), Roronoa Zoro Ashura Ichibugin (beatstick), Ghost Princess Perona (damage reduction), White Chase Smoker (beastick with damage reduction), Paulie Dock One Foreman/Mast Specialist (slot lock)
- QCK: Lucci: Beastman Cat-Cat Fruit, Model: Leopard (beastick+QCK orbs), Kaku Dock One Carpentry Specialist (1.5x orb boost for 2 turns), Roronoa Zoro Jack the Ripper (time delay+bit damage), Sanji Diable Jambe Flambe (fixed damage), Ain Neo Marines Vice Admiral (reduces despair/bind)
- Many teams feature Donquixote Doflamingo Warlord of the Sea, even if he is not boosted, because his special is just so good. Occasionally you can find teams using Legends, such as LegendDoffy, or health cutters.
- This is not an exhaustive list, but it should have most of the favorite Sengoku subs. If I missed anyone good you have used on occasion, do post.
- There is also a question - should you keep some characters unevolved for Sengoku? Well, it's a tough choice: keeping them means not using them for Ray's shop/sockets/specials. None are really necessary. I will say this: I had run Sengoku for half a year, I've kept a bunch of unevolved characters for him, including Marco, QCKKalifa... and the only one I used occasionally was Hack. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you pull a dupe of a 20%+ health cutter, you may want to consider keeping them.
- Socket guide: easy, just the usual five great sockets: Auto-Heal, Anti-Bind, Anti-Despair, Charge Special and Matching Orbs
- Ships: there is no super-ship for Sengoku, so usually Thousand Sunny is totally sufficient.
- You may think for a second that Big Top would be useful for Sengoku teams: it is not. The fact that it does not boost Sengoku's means that a third of your team is nerfed badly. The 1.4x HP for the other characters does not compensate for the attack nerf. If you want high HP on Sengoku teams, run Moby Dick; usually after few stages your HP will be maxed for when you need it anyway.
- Guides: Reddit
- Farmable socket locations: