- This character, or any other variation of Zoro, is needed to complete a mission on Missions: Shells Town.
- This character, or any other variation of Zoro, is needed to complete a mission on Missions: Orange Town.
- This is final form of the Zoro that you get from evolving the Zoro you received upon completing the Shells Town island.
- This character is known as story-mode Zoro, or just story Zoro.
- One of the two very strong units you are guaranteed to get from the game, story mode Zoro is the DEX tank captain, i.e. one that doubles ATK and HP of units of a given colors (most other colors and classes have them, but they are usually RR). He is a staple captain of most newbie and intermediate teams (unless their owners get lucky at RR and pull a better captain). Even for advanced players with many characters he still sees play due to his powerful captain ability. His three sockets are decent, and he can be socketed in a number of FNs. His biggest weakness is a weak special, as even most intermediate bosses and many grunts will not be hurt by his ~20k ATK. Still, he is a good character that can both be a worthwile investment of boosters to MAX his levels, and a good recipient of ATK and HP cotton candy. DO not give him RCV candy, however - save it for good characters with a healing special or captain's ability (if in doubt, just stockpile the RCV candy till you get your Eneru).
- While there are better Zoro's out there, such as Roronoa Zoro A Pirate Who Lives by His Code or Roronoa Zoro Master Swordsman Disciple, this one remains a valid late-game content unit due to his very good captain ability, as well as high stats/low cost as a solid DEX slasher for Sengoku the Buddha teams.
- Socket guide: the usual Bind/Despair/Matching Orbs/CD/Autoheal are good choices.
- With the release of version 6.0.1 on OPTC Global in late February 2017, this form of Zoro now has a super evolution, evolving into Roronoa Zoro Bird Dance, who is a much better unit that can be used for some end-game content. However, AI Zoro still has uses, as his captain ability is good. Plus, the evolved version is no longer Sengoku-friendly.