- Also known as SW Ace, because he was originally released in Japan alongside a Straw Hat batch based on a "Strong World" movie art style. Those Straw Hat characters were never released on Global under said artstyle, although SW Ace was. A year or so after the SW Ace release, Straw Hat characters with abilities and stats identical to Japan SW Straw Hats, but with a different artwork and character number, were released on global in the form of "Dream Chaser" Straw Hats. They are still commonly referred to as SW Straw Hats (see more at SW Luffy).
- For a long time, Ace was underpowered on global, because there was no good Shooter-class booster. This has changed now, as we finally got Zephyr Neo Marines Leader in Fall of 2016,in early January 2017, RR Supersonic Van Ogre, and in September/October 2017, Byrnndi World.
- Ace gives you a tanky team with HP boost of 1.5x and an ATK boost of 2x to 3x (3x with matching orbs). You don't want to tank much damage, as it weakens Ace's special. You can expect your HP to be around 30-40k for double SW Ace with no HP boosting ship, and up to 60k with an HP ship.
- Ships: Navy Ship is too weak usually (ATK boost is bad). Striker which you get from Forest of Training: Flame Fist is one of the best choices.
- Some of the favorite team-mates seen on most Ace's teams: INT Zephyr Neo Marines Leader/ QCK Supersonic Van Ogre, PSY Heracles-un Hero of the Forest, STR Franky A Pirate Who Lives by His Code, PSY Usopp Usopp Golden Pound/ QCK Usopp A Pirate Who Lives by His Code
- Note that when super evolved to Portgas D. Ace Darkness-Slaying Sun, his slot lock in his special changes into a 2x ATK boost to shooter characters. Consider keeping an un-evolved one if you pull another, to have a solid DEX/shoother orb locker, but he is otherwise superior after super evolution, since super-evolved Ace teams deal more damage then pre-evolved ones - over the first turn, at least. This is generally better, through for some content (like multi-boss coliseums) being able to carry orbs from one turn to another is key.
- Farmable socket locations: