Crystal Skulls are needed to Super-Evolve a character. They belong to the Evolver Class.
Note: be sure to understand the difference between skulls needed for 5+ Straw Hats and skulls needed for 6+ legends. They are NOT the same, and you want to understand that before you make a costly mistake. Please read this guide and attached FAQ carefully.
A Crystal Skull being dropped has a special rainbow-blueish chest as shown in the screenshot below:
Jade crystal skull
Note: Legend skulls work for all legends of a given color, but only certain legends can be Super-Evolved. See FAQ below for details.
- Legend skulls with a certain type are available in Rayleigh's Bazaar for sale and cost 10,000 training points. When first released, the specific color is usually discounted to 7,500 points.
Most legends require only one skull to be Super-Evolved, however, Monkey D. Luffy Gear Four: Bounceman needs both a QCK and a PSY skull.
Crimson Crystal Skull: Can be bought in Rayleigh's Bazaar for 10 000 points, or found during Ambushes. Needed for STR legends, such as:
Azure Crystal Skull: Can be bought in Rayleigh's Bazaar for 10 000 points, or found during Ambushes. Needed for QCK legends such as:
Amber Crystal Skull: Can be bought in Rayleigh's Bazaar for 10 000 points, or found during Ambushes. Needed for PSY legends such as:
Jade Crystal Skull: Can be bought in Rayleigh's Bazaar for 10 000 points, or found during Ambushes. Needed for DEX legends such as
Onyx Crystal Skull: Can be bought in Rayleigh's Bazaar for 10 000 points, or found during Ambushes. Needed for INT legends such as
- Q: What can I do with a duplicate skull?
- A: -If they're Strawhat Skulls, there is little to no use for them. It is possible that they will be given added functionality in the future
-If they're Legend Skulls (from ambushes), keep them in case you pull a Legend, since any given legend could receive a Super-Evolution in the future. Legend Skulls are color coded, so red skull whill work for all red legends (WB, Lucci, Barto, Akainu, etc.) if those legends get a 6+ Super Evolution.
- Q: What is the drop rate?
- A: If someone collects better data, this section will be updated (if you have better data, feel free to do it yourself!). For now, the guesstimate for story Straw Hat skull drops is 'similar to the story character' chance, which is unknown but estimated at <10% or (much) less. For ambushes, it seems that global drop rate is 10%, and Japan is said to be 20%. Ambush chances at 60 stamina are around 35%. Source
- Q: We have a choice of one free Strawhat-skull from a selection. Which should I chose?
- A: Whichever one works best for you. The general consensus is that of the 5+ straw hats, Luffy and Zoro see the most play (With Luffy being a great F2P captain), Brook, Usopp, Chopper and Sanji are ok, while Nami and Franky are considered the least useful.
- Q: Is a skull of a single color (ex. DEX) good for both Straw Hat and Legends?
- A: No, they are different. Straw Hats skulls drop at 3D2Y story island, are not obtainable from Bazaar, and work only for Straw Hats and not for Legends. And vice versa - Legend Skulls drop from Ambushes, are obtainable from Bazaar, don't work on Straw Hats but work on Legends.